Update 0.1.0

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Been a few days now, not much traffic here anyways, why I'll be posting this info elsewhere. Anyways, we've decided we're officially closing contributions for issue 1 at the end of November. That way we can prep it in December and distribute in January. Please get your contributions in earlier rather than later, but we'll still take a gander at everything we get. The leftovers and extras will be saved for later issues.  Also, if you are an artist and are interested in partially decorating the zine, let me know. I'm planning on sending pages to artist so that they can print them out, decorate them, scan and email them back. That way we can get different themes and feels for different sections. My bro is still working on his centerpiece The Blowhole, or whatever he's calling it. He says he's planning on doing a series of comics. When I talked to him, he sounded pretty positive. Talking about how he really wanted to get into comic book art so he wanted to start taking more of a stab at all the different projects he has on his plate. I told him I'd be happy to help and will even do a re-write on Awakenings for him. I really hope he sticks with it cus it's kinda a dream of mine to have him do the art on my comics. Granted, I love many artists out there, Paul Duffield and Juan Jose RyP in particular, but I still love his style. He's definitely grown a lot and gotten far more talented and caried in his work. It's really impressive, I just hope he keeps it up and sticks with it. Maybe some day I'll be able to pay him for this shit or something. He'll probably blow me out of the water, but we'll see what happens.

So yeah, submissions for Issue 1 close November 30th. Editing and review will take place then and in December. Shouldn't take more than a month to hear if you're in Issue 1 or not. Far less than that, actually. I'm pretty excited about this so I tend to just jump on any submissions I get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 CAFFEINE | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates